Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Esprit d'Escalier

"The wit of the staircase," or what you should have said...


Ever found yourself pronouncing your comebacks to an irritatingly smug person (say, an honors high school instructor) 18 years after the fact?

Anyone?

Heh. No, me neither. Haw. I was just joshin', y'know?







[That old bitch. Sure would like to... But she was in her early 60's then. She may be dead. (A world without that old battleaxe? I can't comprehend it. And choose not to.)]

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, December 17, 2007 7:46:00 AM, Blogger Jay G said...

I'll have a REALLY good comment for this post as soon as it scrolls off the screen...

 
At Monday, December 17, 2007 9:28:00 AM, Blogger JPG said...

Good one. Excellent, in fact. I've been is such a position dozens, probably hundreds of times, but never once knew there was an extremely apt phrase for it.

 
At Monday, December 17, 2007 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Christina RN LMT said...

Not really, but I do think about what I SHOULD have said all the time.

I try not to let it get me down.

 
At Monday, December 17, 2007 11:40:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Actually, I'm quick with the pop-off, but the evil ones - the ones that would get me shot/fired/banned from civilization - usually only occur to me well after it's too late to deploy them effectively. Good thing, too. In that case, it may be the Mercy of the Staircase.

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:40:00 PM, Blogger Don said...

That's one of the things that make the internets grand. You can just post your wit a little later. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.