Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Curiouser and curiouser

A year ago, I posted a link to a site that attempted to calculate what this blog was worth. Strangely, it claimed that this thing was worth... nothing. Nada. Zilch.

One year and about 300 posts later, it's supposedly worth:


My blog is worth $63,228.48.
How much is your blog worth?


Huh.

Well, thanks for that, I guess. It's more than this poor public servant has ever earned in a year, so that's something, I reckon. Now, if only I could get the folks at Technorati.com to make good on their appraisal, this would be a very merry Christmas, indeed.

Strangely, Tamara's blog is now worth EXACTLY the same as it was last year, by their calculous:


Tamara's blog is worth $5,080.86.
How much is your blog worth?



Well that makes about zero sense.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, December 10, 2007 8:46:00 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

That little thingy is based on a stock market kind of thing, where people "buy" and "sell" shares of your blog. So, just as in the stock market, the "price" isn't based on actual value, only on perceived value.

:)

Makes about as much sense as the stock market, doesn't it?

For the record, I like your blog. And there *was* the whole Perspectives thing too, which certainly gave it a boost.

 
At Monday, December 10, 2007 12:35:00 PM, Blogger JPG said...

Nope, I cannae ken tha figgeren.

You say Tam's blog is STILL worth that ammount? Sorry - - my ego is fairly healthy but there's no rational yardstick by which MY blog can have a value twice that of her "View From The Porch."

 
At Monday, December 10, 2007 5:05:00 PM, Blogger Sevesteen said...

When I pasted Tam's blog in, I got a value of $120,811.56. $5,080 is barely twice what mine is worth, and that didn't make any sense at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.