Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Two minor insights.

I just noticed that one of the Christmas recordings that we listen to a lot includes dark comedy by two different gay guys. What does that say, I wonder? About the genre? About those who like it? We (my wife and I) aren't homophobic. But then, I did notice it, and now I've commented on it, so what does that mean? And now that I'm asking about that... (You realize of course that this inane game could go on for ever.)

One of the guys is in Act Two here, which puts my wife and I into tears of laughter about Christmas traditions.


Then also, I just realized that I have a minor crush on Breda, that good-looking pistol-packing librarian who gets excited about her local brewery having obtained a brewer from Stone Brewing Company, whose I.P.A. I happen to be swilling the very minute that I'm typing these words.

Oh, get over the shock. She just warms my heart, that's all. I'm not obsessing over her, or anything. She's just admirable.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, December 23, 2007 9:29:00 AM, Blogger Christina RN LMT said...

Oh, please.

You find funny what you find funny, there's nothing wrong with that!

As far as your Breda-crush is concerned...OF COURSE you have a crush on Breda, so do I, and I don't swing that way! She just kicks ass, that's all.

 
At Sunday, December 23, 2007 12:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say it says something pretty normal- that developing a wicked sense of humor is a common response to being an outsider of some sort. How many class clowns started off as the short guy, the fat guy, the Jewish kid, the black kid- and now that being gay and out is more publically acceptable, the gay kid. George Carlin is the only really famous comedian I can think of who comes close to somebody who could have easily fit in with the "mainstream", and god knows he had his own issues that probably would have made that impossible anyway.

Hell, god knows my own school social career went from "weird girl/outcast" to "the girl with the razor wit who is pretty cool to hang out with as long as she's not mad at ME".

 
At Sunday, December 23, 2007 8:26:00 PM, Blogger breda said...

Flattery may not get you everywhere, but it sure will get you a free pint. When you're in my neck of the woods, the next one's on me.

Thank you so much. You totally made my day.

 
At Tuesday, December 25, 2007 11:12:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

David Sedaris is absolutely golden. Even though he's a tad older than me and I'm a wee bit older than you, I think he has an ironic way of tapping into something bizarre and wonderful about childhood in America in the 60s and 70s, and this twisted sensibility informs all his writing. He delights me, and even moreso when I'm hearing him give readings of his writing - the delivery is priceless.

Oh, and understandable- Breda is adorable!

I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.