My friends LawDog and Xavier have both tapped me out to continue a senseless bit of self-promotion that is nothing less than an itty bitty Meme.
The game is to "disclose five little-known facts about yourself, then tag five more bloggers to keep the chain going."
"Chain." Ugh. I dislike chains. I dislike chain letters, chain emails, and forwarded forwarded >Fwd>fwd>FWD>Fwd emails. Argh. >Argh. >>Argh, even.
But vanity is all. If TWO of my online (and meatspace) buddies have tapped me out, then so be it. :)
I note that most folks in this line of self revealing documentation are telling their good points. I would like to break that cycle, but my most interesting bad points are really just too bad to share, and I'm not going to do it. So, while you marvel at these items that follow, please understand that you're really getting the B list. Yikes.
1. I have size 18 feet. They've been that big since I was 14 or 15. I thus have never in my adult life had a pair of cowboy boots (due to the expense of having them made custom), though I am a fiercely proud Texan.
2. When I was 5, I touched off the bottle rocket that burned down about 40 acres of pasture land behind our house. The entire town came. We hadn't lived there a year.
3. Although I completely respect and believe the science behind the BS in Criminal Justice that I hold, when it tells me that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent to crime overall, and that the resources spent on it would be better focused elsewhere... I still support the death penalty. Some folks just clearly need killin'.
4. Until recently, I could lie face-down on my chest and curl my heels back over my butt until they touched the floor next to my elbows on either side. When I was a little kid, I was awaken by a frantic baby sitter who saw me taking naptime in that configuration.
5. I'm 35 years old, and I've lived in 8 discrete locations in my life, including college and the time I stayed with my dad in town because I didn't have a car. (...and attended police academy, a full load of university, and three part time jobs by bicycle!)
My five to be tapped out are:
Tamara (That makes two. Do your duty, girl.),
Ambulance Driver ("...nobody knows who you arrrrrrre.")
John Shirley (Can you see this, John?)
Mad Ogre (Can you hear me, George?)