Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Multiculturalism.

My friend John Shirley told me that he had sent me a little package. I found it in the mailbox this weekend, just before we got our winter blast.

As I got into my POV to drive home on Sunday night after a hard shift of working major accidents and slipping and falling on the ice, I realized that my car was not just cold, it was frickin' frigid. I put on the genuine, fresh-from-Kabul headwrap to cover my ears, and then plopped on my brand-new, just-arrived-from Afghanistan brown wool hat, to keep my head warm. It was pretty damned comfy, so I left it on the whole trip home. I grinned at the odd looks folks gave me as I passed them on the highway.

When I got home, I had to take a quick picture. So here you go.

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 2:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

durkadurkadurkadurka...

At least it's more fashionable than your standard garden variety balaclava.

Honestly, I'm kinda jealous. Looks like it's warm. You gonna wear that while on patrol? :D

Regards,
Rabbit.

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 3:23:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

I don't think so. I get enough strange looks as it is.

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might consider a little Windex on that mirror, too, Spotty.

I thought at first it was snowing in that bathroom.

Regards,
Rabbit.

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2007 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

Rabbit--

I had entered that bathroom about 2 hours after my 8 year old and my 4 year old had a raging sea battle in the bathtub and then brushed their teeth for bed in that bathroom.

I try, buddy. Believe me. :)

--Matt

 
At Friday, January 19, 2007 10:14:00 AM, Blogger HollyB said...

I wrapped up in JPG's sleep shawl to surf the blogs when I got in from Killeen last nigh. My oh my, those things are so warm!
But I bet I didn't look as cute as YOU!

 
At Monday, January 22, 2007 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

Hm. I just got a call from John today, and he had thought that he had responded to this blog. Seems that he's got a new one up, but last time he checked, it was in German. Problem is, he doesn't speak German...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.