Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Navel Gunfire





As mentioned earlier, I went through ALERRT training today.

I only caught one round, and it was friendly fire.

Friendly fire... isn't.

Simunitions drives a little 9mm hollow plastic bullet, filled with the color paint of your mission out of the barrel of a Glock 17T at about 400 fps.


When they hit you, it hurts.

They did get the bad guy, though.


That's my finger and my belly button, pointing out where a Blue-On-Blue shooting hit me just near the belly button.

My daughter told me when I got home that my wife thought that I was running around playing war games like little boys. I was a little disappointed. What we were actually doing was learning how to kill bad guys, as a quickly-assimilated team.

The instruction was excellent. One of the instructors was Sgt. Rusty Jacks of the Tyler, TX police department. Who's he? Well, I recognized him, and asked him if he had been riding any car trunks lately. He has a very good attitude about killing bad guys-- "Screw 'im. He needed to be stopped, so call it a good day's work. It's deer season, and you could use the two weeks off."

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OW!

Y'think you'll wear a cup next time you play with Simunitions, just in case?

Maybe even throw on a heavy sweatshirt inder your uniform?

Regards,
Rabbit.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:59:00 AM, Blogger Tam said...

Someone scored an "Own Goal" on you?

Yikes!

I hope his ears are still sore.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And... dude, get some sun.

;-)

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks more like navel gunfire to me.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's genetic. He's got that Scots-Irish phosphorescent tan.

What's not covered with manfur is blue. Only turns pink in the summer.

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am of the same genetic makeup.

Our people really do have the complexion of gerbil babies don't we.

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Dang it.

There I thought that I was making a nice cute play on words, and I mis-typed "Navel."

You'd never know that I was the District Spelling Champion in 6th grade. Hmph.

Tam, I never could figure out which guy had popped me. He (or she) was shooting at a Red backshooter that was attacking his group from behind while my group came in to provide support by dragging out the wounded. She got between us, and the other side took her down in a hail of gunfire, with me downrange. It is to be noted, by the way, that in my group of 5, I was the only one who caught a downrange round.

I was quite proud of our team for not shooting at the as-yet-unidentified bad girl, though. (We couldn't see her weapon, and were carefully avoiding shooting non-combatants, an accident that occurred again and again during the training.)

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 4:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOKS LIKE FUN-WISH I HAD BEEN THERE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.