Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanks

The temperature topped out at about 78 today in North Texas, with a nice little breeze. Clear blue skies.
Fourth Thursday of November, 2006.



Family.
Friends of great worth.
Friends that I haven't realized fully the worth of.
My health.
My sight that lets me see the beauty and the ways.
My ears that let me hear the words of wisdom and joy and love.
My memories of the good and loving kindness that I've experienced.

For all this and more, I am thankful.






My belief system has little to recommend. I don't much go to church, and I don't particularly care for organized religion. Still and all, I'm not much of a Do-It-Yourself-er when it comes to faith in God. I simply don't much think about it.

But I need to give thanks. And you find that if you're not Jack Kerouac or some other beatnik, you're going to need to give thanks to more than just the day. Maybe I get closer to feeling God when I give thanks. Like today. Ed knew:


"i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

"(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings: and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

"how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of all nothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

"(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)"

e e cummings

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 27, 2006 1:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for that - gave me a lift on this back on the j-o-b after a lovely and much needed break. Have printed it for future reference.

Cheers,
cait

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.