Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Spirits.



Matt G's Kentucky Sour

Start with a tall glass. Highballs are great, but I have pint beer glasses around the house, so that's what I use.

Start by filling the glass 1/4 full of ice cubes.

Next, pour in:

--The juice of half a lemon. It must be fresh. If you don't have a fresh lemon, move on to other things. (in the bottom of that glass above, note that there's a fresh lemon seed sitting there. Nope, I didn't strain it-- I just squeezed the lemon right into the glass.)

--2 oz of bourbon. For those of you who (like me) are not bartenders, use your 1/4 Cup measuring cup. I use Evan Williams bourbon for the value, but your taste may vary.

--1.5 Tablespoons of marischino cherry juice, and a couple of cherries to boot.

Stir vigorously with your cherry-dippin' spoon.

Top it all off with enough club soda to fill the glass.
Stir the glass a couple more times.

Garnish with an extra cherry over the ice.

WARNING: Do NOT have a second without a guaranteed ride. This is a potent drink, and tastes good to boot.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, January 05, 2007 3:21:00 PM, Blogger Diamond Mair said...

Hmmmmm, haven't had a whiskey sour since ..................... we-ell, since I was 'underage' {anybody know the statute of limitations on underage drinking in PA?} ;)
I like your recipe, though I believe my spousal unit just might get a bit peeved, were I to "abuse" his JD Single Barrel in such a manner ................
Semper Fi'
DM

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2007 8:52:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Well, JD is actually Tennesse Whiskey, not bourbon. And this recipe realy is a bourbon recipe. It does NOT, however, require very high-end bourbon. Seriously-- it would be a waste to use the top shelf stuff in this, where the cherry juice and the lemon juice change the flavor so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.