Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Band nerds.

I wasn't a band kid. My daughter is. I probably wouldn't have watched this video if I weren't a band dad.

Holy. Crap.

Even I knew that the Ohio State marching band is teh awesome. They're famous for their flamboyant drum major leading the band in their perennial "Script Ohio" number.

But this was something else. Apparently, the theme was simply Video Games.

Some of these games I didn't play (Halo, for instance). But I played me some Space Invaders, and Nintendo Super Mario Brothers, and Tetris, and even some PacMan. I didn't even get what the homage was to, when they showed a running, then rearing horse. But if you refuse to watch the entire 9 minute video, AT LEAST go to the 6:00 mark, and watch that. I promise you that you'll watch the rest.
 
Pretty cool.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 09, 2012 3:56:00 PM, Anonymous Dr. Feelgood said...

That was awesome.

The music during the horse figure was from the Zelda series in which our hero, Link, sometimes rides a horse named Epona.

 
At Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:08:00 PM, Blogger Home on the Range said...

That is seriously cool! All we ever did was dress up in silly outfits and march in straight lines.

 
At Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:22:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Yep, they are pretty dang good!

 
At Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:56:00 AM, Blogger Dirk said...

I think it's seriously sad that televised coverage of college football games no longer includes the halftime shows. The band members work every bit as hard during the week as the football players do, and yet, the networks choose to give us coverage of every other game in the world during halftime.

 
At Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:47:00 PM, Anonymous Evyl Robot Michael said...

"Wow" is right. I'm a bit partial to more military style marching bands, but I can certainly appreciate the coordination it takes to pull off a show like that.

 
At Friday, October 12, 2012 1:06:00 AM, Blogger charlotte g said...

In my teens, I realize I loved the halftime as much as the game, which I then vaguely understood. Then, there apparently weren't UIL competitions, so we got a fresh show each week. It probably was deeply flawed but I always enjoyed it. This video was great, and a wonderful reason to go to the game rather than watch commercials at halftime.

 
At Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:59:00 PM, Blogger Yrro said...

The OSU Marching band is generally a very military style marching band. They do a variety of more "traditional" shows as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.