Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

It really doesn't hold up.

When I was 5, I would get out of kindergarten and go to a lady's house for after-school daycare. She kept a lot of kids, and liked to plunk us down in front of a television set. Sometimes, I got to see my favorite show, the "Banana Splits." Now, the main part of that show was terrible. Adults in plushy animal costumes, making dumb jokes. The reason that I wanted to watch it, though, was because of the serial melodrama that the Banana Splits showed, called "Danger Island."

Danger Island was great stuff. Guys punched bad guys in the nose! The good guys fought with pirates and head-hunters. There was a doctor and his lovely niece. There was some speechless wildman named Chongo, who was summoned by the call of "Uh-Oh, Chongo)

Watching this episode, tough, I may not have been a very good motion picture critic.

And why does the good doctor not employ his Remington 600 to good effect, when confronted with savage headhunters with tomahawks?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Sunday, August 26, 2012 9:40:00 AM, Anonymous Joe Allen said...

Wow! I thought Link looked familiar: turns out it's a young Jan Michael-Vincent!

The bits were shot in Mexico and directed by Richard Donner who apparently got over his fascination with whip zooms and awkward edits by the time he made Superman and Lethal Weapon.

Also, Leslie is Ronne Troup, Bobby Troup's daughter. Bobby Troup who I remember as one of the doctors on "Emergency", also wrote the song "Route 66".

Thanks for sending me down that wiki-hole...

 
At Sunday, August 26, 2012 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Still can't beat the theme song, though!

 
At Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:47:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

The thing I always questioned was HOW they kept their white jackets/pants so clean... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.