Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Ear Worm: CURSE YOU, PHLEGMMY!!!

Y'all might not know this, but the esteemed Phlegm Fatale has some vocal training. And you thought that she just studied punning.

The songs that stick in her head get sung, say, around the campfire at a certain southwestern blogmeet, and then, ta-dah!, it's stuck in your head, too.
__________________

This weekend has been work for me, but the good kind of work that I signed up for. I broke a felony case, and performed a LOT of interviews, and got confessions, and recovered stolen goods, and wrote case reports and probable cause affidavits, and catalogued evidence. Today, I was supposed to be off to go to the fair with my family (we went, but later in the day), but I had to drop off evidence at the lab, pick up warrants (the judge complimented me on my PC affidavits), and drop the warrants off with our dispatch department to input into the system.

While not in regular uniform, I was wearing a decent khaki twill shirt and slacks, with decent leather showing, and a badge, J-frame and ID completing the "investigator" outfit, as I ran these official errands. I felt pretty good about finishing up a good weekend's work, and didn't mind that I looked... well, maybe not sharp (no tie, and my creases weren't razor sharp), but pretty respectable, anyway.

So it was that, as I got out of my patrol car with a handful of warrants clutched in my fist at the sheriff's office, I noticed a woman checking me out. I wasn't smug as I noticed her eying me surreptitiously. After all, an attractive young lady such as herself was only human. How could she be expected to resist noticing... what was that sound?

It seemed to be... coming from my own mouth. What...? What could it be? I just kept listening to figure it out, even as I drew closer to the lovely lady standing, now slightly agape, next to the open door of her car in the parking lot.

"...easy 'cuz you're beautiful...." went the falsetto.  What was that? Then to my shock and horror, I heard my voice attempt the whistle, and I realized what had stuck in my head.

Because Phlegmmy had been singing it.

The hottie in the skirt hopped into her sports car and slammed the door.

I heard the door locks click.

I didn't feel as suave as I had exactly 10 seconds before.

I'll get you for this, Phlegmmy.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:42:00 PM, Blogger Farmmom said...

At least it wasn't the boomstick song! LOL

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:08:00 PM, Blogger Medic3 said...

This may help with that particular earworm...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/149823/plans-foiled

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:09:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

LOL!!!


You secretly love it and long to hear it again!

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:48:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

LOL- A delayed Gotcha... :-)

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Tam said...

Oh. Em. Gee!

I'd gladly buy the video rights to that scene. :D

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:47:00 AM, Anonymous Evyl Robot Michael said...

LOL! Although she got that one stuck in my head too, I haven't yet caught myself singing it aloud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.