Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Space. I can't help that I love it.

Today I listened to a broadcast of RadioLab, in which they did several quick audio essays about space.

Look, I know that it's pushing it a bit to say that the Constitution authorizes our government to spend my money on space exploration. But I love that we're doing some of it. The very last story in the one-hour show is about trying to get private companies to explore space.

The first one was about the meaning that, Ann Druyan, widow of Carl Sagan, puts into the golden record that she directed the production of, just before it was launched with Voyager. I have to admit, her story got to me.

It's a quick hour, divided up into short essays, if you'll give it a listen.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:46:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Those were good, and I don't consider that an hour wasted by any means...

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2011 5:12:00 PM, Blogger North said...

The thought that we are losing our lead in space exploration makes me quite melancholy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.