Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tell the truth. Tell the truth. Tell the truth.


(Click to embiggen.)

When I commented on how much I loved this hanging plaque made by my friend and sculptor Paula Blincoe Collins, she gave it to me as a gift. Given that this is her stock and trade, it was actually a pretty valuable gift, just monetarily. But more important to me is the sentiment, which has a lot of meaning for me. I had a scoutmaster who once said that you have to say something three times to a person before they fully get what you're saying to them. I've spent a lot of time telling people to tell the truth.

The fired clay plaque, which has the texture of lace pressed into the face of it, holds a place of honor on my mantlepiece, but I've been seriously considering hanging it up at work.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:48:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

That is a NICE piece of work, both for the sentiment and the design! I'd be proud to put that one up at work!

 
At Sunday, July 11, 2010 7:46:00 AM, Blogger JPG said...

What a handsome gift from a truly gifted artist! Thanks for including her links.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.