Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Well, I guess we've all got to be first at something.


Someone came here from Googling an unfortunately pejorative term that I heard all the time as a kid.
Turns out that my blog comes up first for a search of that term. (Only because of a confessional piece I wrote about a year ago.)
Well.
I don't know what that person was looking for, but I hope he read the blog.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:50:00 AM, Blogger Murphy said...

Hope he read it too, it's a helluva post.

Doubt it, though.

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Not Afraid to Use It said...

Interestingly enough, I Googled my blog last night after looking at my site meter as well. Talk about being on the same wavelength.

I have to say that I enjoyed reading your linked post. I hadn't found your blog at the time you wrote that and I have to say I appreciate your expression of frustration. I have a dearly beloved uncle who throws everyone in the same "Berkeley Hippie Liberal" category and it really pisses me off. He sends me tons of emails talking about "protecting" the US from the evils of immigrants. Yet he knows my husband has a green card. The emails never qualify "illegal vs. legal" and from my grad school linguistic background I can't even read them. I tried to explain to him how offensive I found them, but his response was that of COURSE he didn't include my hubbie in with "those" immigrants. Sigh.

The sad thing is that he and I hold very similar views on some subjects, but we just can't even talk about anything because of the way he keeps throwing around the word "bleeding-heart" liberal even though, like your post so eloquently states, why does it have to be one or the other?

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

My post has dropped to second on that search, now.

Well, it was lonely at the top, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.