Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why? Because it's frickin' cool. That's why.

I know that I've referenced here some folks (cough, INLAWS, cough) who have voiced their opinions that "The only thing the space program ever brought me was Tang, and I don't even like Tang!"

You know, I'm not even going to get into the fact that they watch satellite TV, use cell phones, expect the weather forecast to be perfect, and are jingoistic in their foreign policy take. Not to mention their reliance on modern medicines.

All I'm going to say is: without a space progam, you don't get incredible images like this one:

View of a total solar eclipse (occlusion) from the International Space Station, 29 MAR 2006. (click to enlarge)

And, for what it's worth: I liked Tang. I think I'm gonna go buy some right now.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:43:00 PM, Blogger JPG said...

Y'know, I'd totally forgotten just how much you loved Tang when you were a wee lad.

Love,
Da'

PS-- Don't forget Velcro and self-adjusting wrenches. ;)

 
At Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:10:00 PM, Blogger Christina RN LMT said...

All my daughter wants is to go to space. Ever since she was about 11, I think.

She's a junior in high school now, and has everything planned out as far as which college to go to, what subject(s) to major in, etc.

It all leads up to NASA and the Space Program. She can do it if anyone can!

 
At Friday, February 22, 2008 11:30:00 AM, Blogger BobG said...

The space program paid for itself in spinoffs. Just to brush the surface, it was largely responsible for Teflon, silicon rubber, high-tech ceramics, and integrated circuits, without which most modern electronics would be impossible.

 
At Friday, February 22, 2008 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

Hey BobG?

That choir you're preachin' to?

I sing tenor in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.