Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kinda cool, I guess.

A lunar eclipse is going on right over my head this very second.

They don't come around all that often, but they're nowhere nearly as rare as total solar eclipses.

You remember some of 'em. I recall looking at the partial one on the night of May 19-20, 1994, with my Dad, through his binoculars.

I guess the reason we like to watch them is for the same reason that we like to watch dawns and sunsets. There aren't many naturally-occuring celestial incidents that we can view with the naked eye, that we can watch happen over the course of minutes. Not as fast a half-hour sit-com, perhaps, but about as quick as a season finale 2 hour episode.

What would the druids think of our current attention spans?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:33:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

I think the Druids would be appropriately bored by our ennui.

 
At Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:24:00 AM, Blogger JPG said...

I went out to look but found that the moon was obscured by clouds. It was a bit disappointing. Oh, well - - -

 
At Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read about this yesterday but forgot it by the time it occurred. I had a friend one time, fairly intelligent, exclaim during a view of a lunar eclipse "and isn't it convenient that it's occurring during a full moon".

 
At Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you're an uber-geek if you turn down getting laid to watch a total lunar eclipse...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.