Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Now *that's* cat blogging.

"You just wouldn't believe the cutest little thing my kitty did," bubbles up the memory of the most inane comment that I sat through while talking to a girl on the phone in my teens. I didn't protest verbally, but my thoughts went along the lines of "who cares? Can we move on to the part where we establish where we'll meet for some snogging?"

Ah, the things we'll put up with for lust love.

But since that time, I've not been terribly interested in discussing what someone else's kitty's exploits were, nor even their dog[gy]'s highlights. I know you find them cute. They're your pets. That's why we keep pets. If we didn't find them cute, we would do without them, and just burn hundreds of dollars, spread hair everywhere, and put landmines in the yard.

I'm not coming across as a very warm person, am I?
- - -

Any-flippin'-way, my evil scientist proudly nerdy online friend Stingray gives a fine report on his cat, in a manner that I find most acceptable. Uh, after the first paragraph, anyway.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, February 25, 2008 2:42:00 PM, Blogger Ted said...

Much more docile, but nearly as funny: http://scalzi.com/whatever/004457.html

Warning: Not kosher.

 
At Monday, February 25, 2008 4:25:00 PM, Blogger breda said...

You must scroll past a lot of stuff on my blog then ;)

 
At Monday, February 25, 2008 7:56:00 PM, Blogger SpeakerTweaker said...

I read that post, and laughed almost uncontrollably in my office for about a minute and a half. That was the funniest thing I'd seen in ages.

Thanks for the head's up, too. I'm gonna have to start reading their blog pretty regularly, now.



tweaker

 
At Monday, February 25, 2008 10:06:00 PM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

Damn cats...but that was funny. :-)

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!

If that cat had thumbs...

Our lovely Turkish Angora had an "I Bite!" sticker on her medical folder. The vet assistants came back to see the pretty, white cat and were greeted with a very impressive choral yowling.

The cat is a fostered stary that we adopted a few months ago. She has a lovely disposition and is very patient with kids. But when she's had enough she means it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.