Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, December 28, 2007

And it went swimmingly.

I won't bore you with the details of my Christmas, except to say this:

--On the 4 hour trip to my in-laws with my mother in the car, we chatted happily the whole way down.
--The entire day of the 25th, my mother-in-law's house was packed with happily shouting kids, and a slew of very different people.
--We seated 13 for Christmas Dinner.
--Palestinian Muslim, 3-days-a-week churchgoing Baptist, backsliders, pagans, agnostics, athiests, conservatives, liberals, militant tee-totalers and two-fisted drinkers and others happily broke bread together, chatting all the while.
--Most of the throng was there for 2 days.
--Driving my mom back up, we enjoyed our talk the whole way back.

Not one cross word among adults. No tension.

Oh, and I found out that my brother in-law bakes a fanTAStic buttermilk pie.

Call it a win all around.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At Friday, December 28, 2007 4:33:00 AM, Blogger none said...

If there can peace with a mix like that then there is hope for this world yet.

 
At Friday, December 28, 2007 7:03:00 AM, Blogger Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

OK, I vote for your family to run the country. Hell, in fact, I vote the world!

Found your site through http://notafraidtouseit.blogspot.com. Thanks for the read!

 
At Friday, December 28, 2007 7:48:00 AM, Blogger JD said...

It is nice to hear proof that if we are all reasonable we can all get along. . . .

Glad to hear you had a good Christmas!

 
At Friday, December 28, 2007 9:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just finding someone that knows how to construct a buttermilk pie was a Christmas blessing!

 
At Friday, December 28, 2007 2:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buttermilk pie?

I find these ideas intriguing and wish to learn more.

 
At Friday, December 28, 2007 6:37:00 PM, Blogger Christina RN LMT said...

Hooray for you and your family!

Sounds like a very fine time was had by all.

 
At Friday, December 28, 2007 7:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with LabRat, surprise surprise. This pie is at the very least worth a test drive. Trade you my recipie for *suffles through the pile* Beer, Beef & Cheese stew?

 
At Friday, December 28, 2007 9:19:00 PM, Blogger X-Ray Geek said...

I'm jealous!! This was/is the first Christmas that I've got the lovely family tension! Someone spread baby rumors to Grandma, two fisted drinkers fighting with the sober ones, call ins for work, and I get to do it all again tomorrow!!!dd

 
At Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:18:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

That is nice to hear! As others have said, we really CAN all get along... Now if I could just get my family to calm down.

 
At Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:27:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

A good buttermilk pie alone is worth 8 hours of driving. Glad you'n'yours had such a lovely time. Happy new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.