Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Helpful hint

$10 buys you a cheap headset with a 1/8" headphone jack to plug into a cordless or cellular telephone. Not an earbud, but an honest-to-Gawd headset with a wire bale to hold it on your head. When you call your insurance company or anywhere else where you're going to be put on hold or sent to Voicemail Hell, these things are worth their weight in diamonds. I've got one at the PD for when I have to call Dispatch for info, too. (That being low-priority, I always find myself being put on hold.)

Being able to type, move around, get things done, and not have to hold my hand to my ear somehow manages to reduce my irritation at being on the phone a LOT.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, September 14, 2007 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Yup though I've gotten very partial to my bluetooth - since headsets get tangled in my hair and have to be taken on and off and the wire can pull out at the most inopportune times. Just makes people think I'm talking to myself ;)

The nice thing? I can tell the headset who to call and it does. I LOVE that.

 
At Friday, September 14, 2007 1:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have been using a headset for about 10 years, my kids still laugh at me but by golly i can clean the kitchen, knit a sweater and go to the can while on the phone!

 
At Friday, September 14, 2007 2:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like the speaker phone. I usually need access to the computer and other information while I make "those" calls.

More power to ya.

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Yeah, but I hate the sound from speaker phones, especially if there's ambient noise, like from the speaker of my portable two-way radio, which I always have on at work. They just seem rude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.