Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Anticipation

As I got ready, I could smell that unmistakable odor of desire.

My heart quickened.

In response to my manipulations, I was rewarded with the pungent secretions that drive a man to distraction. The world stood still, and my breath caught at the incredible sight before me. I've been here at this point so many times, I thought, but I'm still electrified with the longing at that first glimpse. What it does to me. . .

I realized that my mouth was hanging open, slightly, and I was breathing shallowly.

"Come on," I thought, "Almost there..."

And then, finally, satiation.



Just before the remorse kicked in, I heard from the doorway, "What the hell are you grinning so big at? Did you just get laid?" My co-worker can be so crude, at times.

"Nope," I sighed, and enshrouded my cup with my hands. "First cup."

Labels:

8 Comments:

At Saturday, April 07, 2007 11:19:00 AM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

Geez. I blushed reading this. For shame!

 
At Saturday, April 07, 2007 11:17:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Good brew will do that to you.

 
At Sunday, April 08, 2007 1:18:00 AM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

Or prurient writing.

 
At Sunday, April 08, 2007 2:29:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

Don't let my appreciation of coffee be misinterpretted by your own sordid mind, sir!





Matt"I may not be able to describe a good cup of coffee, but I know it when I see it."G

 
At Sunday, April 08, 2007 9:18:00 AM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Actually, I wasn't thinking sordid, but I was thinkig of bacon. Must get breakfast soon!

 
At Sunday, April 08, 2007 9:34:00 AM, Blogger Tam said...

First Sunday off in absolutely eons.

Brunch at Charlie Pepper's, a delight I haven't experienced since... er, last Easter in fact, awaits.

Sunrise Mesa Eggs? Huevos Rancheros? Or maybe their whamdigeous huge Tennessean Omelette?

Whichever, I'll be getting a cuppa joe, that's for sure.

 
At Sunday, April 08, 2007 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I brought contraband to the office today. I picked up an inexpensive electric kettle at the store, and brought in a quantity of Costa Rican full city roast along with a press and a good ceramic mug.
(We're *prohibited* from having any 'unauthorized electrical appliances' at our desks. Riiiight...tell the folks with personal printers, routers, coffeepots, etc. about that.)

No more of that vending machine swill for me!

I'll be the envy of the entire team tomorrow when they find out.

Regards,
Rabbit.

 
At Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:57:00 PM, Blogger Snarky said...

Ah, the orgasmic effect of a good cup. Such sweet, sweet flavor...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.