Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Wish I could say more about this...

One of my co-workers is working on a case. (Note that I don't mention what kind.)

It's a difficult one, which began with almost no leads. (Note that I don't mention what they were.)

He's been working on it for a while. (Note that I don't state when it began.)

He's almost finished.

This guy, my co-worker --my friend-- is pretty young. He also did other stuff, making more money, before he came to policing. That said, he has only a high school education, police academy, and in-service classes under his belt. I don't mean to say that he's uneducated, but he's certainly not adorned with college hours and transcripts. He's only been a cop for a few years, too.

But he's a natural.

You ought to see this case report that he's put together. And he's not done yet. He's asked for and received extra manpower, and utilized it well. He's submitted afidavits and obtained court directives. He's put in extra hours that would make anyone tired, yet he's keeping his edge.

I'm busting my buttons over here, as if I had anything to do with it. I know what it is-- I'm just proud of this guy. He's on our team, and I've come to think of him very much like another younger brother. I'm cheering him on. I've always known the guy was pretty sharp, but here's solid documentation of it.

But I can't tell you about that.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Sunday, April 01, 2007 11:33:00 AM, Blogger HollyB said...

You are such a TEASE!

 
At Sunday, April 01, 2007 4:52:00 PM, Blogger charlotte g said...

Yup. I know about the not talking stuff. Sometimes I got "sensitive" assignments I couldn't even mention to co-workers. Had to think fast when someone innocently asked why I was going to so and so location. Hope we read the results in the local paper when the time comes. And dear, you still haven't linked to Marko. I liked the column so well I forwarded it to an environmental friend.

 
At Sunday, April 01, 2007 11:41:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

N.L.W.:
Sixth one down on my links is: "Marko: Munchkin Wrangler".

It's not so cloak and dagger as all that. But it's good work, and it would be unprofessional to talk about it until after it's all done.

 
At Monday, April 02, 2007 12:18:00 AM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

It's nice to see a young colleague come into his own. This must be particularly gratifying for you in your line of work in which you're directly involved in making/keeping society safe.

Thanks for the work you do.

 
At Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:19:00 AM, Blogger KD5NRH said...

Just remember to tell him how proud you are of him...get the brown nosing started *before* he becomes your boss so he won't get suspicious afterward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.