Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Wedding picture.


Over nine years ago, I wedded my bride on a crisp, clear February afternoon.


At my friend Paula's house, just about everybody that I gave a damn about gathered to eat Blake's good barbecue and beans, drink my home-brewed beer, and generally have a good time. My friend Billie took some pictures.


Here we are with (left to right) my step-father-in-law (nickel-plated Luger), my friend Dick (ivory stocked 1911), my old roommate Bill (I disremember which, perhaps a Star P.D.) my father (engraved nickel 1911A1 with mother of pearl stocks inlaid with gold and rubies ), me (sporting a beard and a Gold Cup with mother of pearl stocks), my bride (flowers and a phalanx of armed men-- she turned down the garter pistol), and my best friend Scott (with, as I recall, a borrowed .357).


One of the happiest parties of my life, and they made me leave early so that they could throw grain at me as we left. Dammit.


Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Sunday, April 08, 2007 9:31:00 AM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Handsome wedding party, lovely bride! Congratulations on such a swell send-off - you look destined for happiness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.