Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Making A race about race

The Republicans are playing a rather nuanced game, right now, in that they're cheering Obama for his history-making nomination* because he's black. (Well, sort of. Okay, he's black enough.)

"We can all share in how far we've come," said CNN conservative political analyst Amy Holmes, who is African-American.
Nice. Gotta qualify that the GOP type making the comment is black. (My South-African-by-way-of-Louisiana friend Bayou Renaissance Man is "African-American," and he seriously needs SPF 45 or better on a cloudy day. Why use terms that don't mean anything?) Ever noticed that we're focusing on the middle name of a presidential candidate now more than ever? Anybody got a clue what Al Gore's middle name is? **

Why does a terribly offensive (but damned funny) scene from Clerks II ** come to mind?
____________________________________________________
*This is news? Hillary threw in the towel about 2.5 months ago. I don't think that, at any time in my life, the DNC has actually meant anything except as a pep rally. Roger Mudd says that during the postwar years it was sumpin' to see.

**It's Arnold. And our current prez, who was a former part owner of the Texas Rangers baseball team, has the middle name of Walker. But all you hear is "W."

***Seriously-- don't click on this link. It includes a LOT of cursing, and some offensive racial terms. This is not safe for work.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:51:00 AM, Blogger none said...

We're taking it back lol

 
At Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's ok, I'm taking it back."

Randal rules.

Matt
St Paul

 
At Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:32:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Ridiculous... this PC crap is getting totally out of hand!

 
At Sunday, August 31, 2008 9:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After clicking on the link, I rectified a deficiency in my education and watched both CLERKS films for the first time. My lovely wife also watched them.

#1 was kind of meh, but #2 was brilliant. I had to explain to my missus why I collapsed in laughter when Jay was doing the Buffalo Bill Dance. She'd seen SOtL but the scene didn't stick, apparently.

I'm with Randall on the whole "porch monkey" thing. I had always thought it referred to children, like the term "yard ape." Well, color me wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.