Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, August 18, 2008

The last grain of sand

Imagine starting a daily blog on the day that the doctor told you that you've got a bad case of cancer. Leroy Siever did that. That blog ended, after 2 years, on August 16, 2008.

Death is a curious thing. I think about it a little bit, these days, when I didn't, before. My children ask me about it, and I don't have answers, beyond the fact (I pray) that I will preceed them.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, August 18, 2008 4:39:00 PM, Blogger Assrot said...

I'm with you there buddy. I don't think much about death and I certainly don't fear it. I've lived what I consider to be a full life so anytime God is ready to take me, I'm okay with it.

I pray every night without fail that I am the first to go. There is nothing I fear more than losing one of my children or grandchildren, my wife or one of my 8 siblings.

There is no greater hell than losing a child, a spouse or a younger brother or sister. It almost happened to me once. The good lord, some good luck and some good training were with me that day and I was able to stop it from happening.

It sure scared the hell out of me though. I have never known a greater fear in my life than that day. I almost lost my oldest daughter when she was 10.

Just coming that close was bad enough. I could not imagine what I would do if it actually happened. I'm not sure I could deal with it.

Joe

 
At Monday, August 18, 2008 11:11:00 PM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraZEoRnkPc

 
At Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:24:00 PM, Blogger BobG said...

Most people don't think about death unless it taps them on the shoulder. To those of us who have had the Reaper swing and nick us, it has a little more substance. If a person doesn't feel threatened, they should enjoy the feeling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.