Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Kharma.




Going in to work, today, I was on a major interstate that was backed up a tad. Some people were frustrated at the on-ramp-- they had to yield to me. I stopped and let in the first car.

I got to work a little early. I helped fix up another guy's report to go to the D.A.'s office. I then fixed some call sheet errors that made the authors (other officers) look kind of dumb. They were simple errors-- anyone could have made them (including me). But they hadn't been caught for over a month, and were soon going to be. I fixed them.

On patrol, I pulled over a guy for an equipment violation on his trailer. It was clearly his fault-- he hadn't put on safety chains. But I don't usually write for just the one. I told him that I'd issue him a warning. I ran his license and found out that he's a registered sex offender. I still issued him a warning.

I pulled over a car for an equipment violation. The driver turned out to be the driver and unindicted accomplice on a violent burglary from last month. Though he had been present at the crime, I didn't quite have enough evidence to charge him, and didn't. But shame on him! His driver license was being held in lieu of payment at a gas station, and his insurance was not issued to him. He did receive citations.

I helped a buddy with a felony DWI report off the clock after work tonight. We straightened out some grammatical and punctuation errors and made it flow better.

I got home, and found that my wife had made a wonderful Middle Eastern dish called "Upside Down," involving spiced rice, cauliflower fried in olive oil, mushrooms, and chunks of beef, baked in an olive oil-drenched bowl, so that the rice forms a crust called a "tadeek." It's marvelous, and made the whole house smell of that pungent 7-spice powder. Most tasty with a nice cold lager next to it. Tonight's choice was Shiner Bock.

It all comes back to you. :)

1 Comments:

At Sunday, January 07, 2007 3:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It all comes back to you. :)"

Yes, yes it does. . . I also get some small comfort in the belief that the bad stuff comes back to the bad guys too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.