Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

So that's that.

Oliver cat passed away this morning, apparently just before I woke up. I notified the family, and then swung a pick to dig a hole in the cold winter soil the back yard. I had actually thought that he was going to pull through (as he had before), but one never knows. Hell, I knew that I was going to outlive him when we got him. (That's one reason why I didn't want to get him.)
That damned fat, grouchy cat.
He brought me some pleasure —and displeasure— at unexpected times.


November, 2017, under the lemon tree in the sunroom. One of those "unexpected pleasures."

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:50:00 PM, Blogger Comrade Misfit said...

My condolences. They do work their way into one's heart, don't they.

I'll give my cat, Chip, some treats in Oliver's memory.

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2018 9:33:00 PM, Blogger On a Wing and a Whim said...

Our condolences to you and your family.

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:33:00 PM, Blogger zdogk9 said...

I am so very sorry, 10X will get extra catnip in his Honor, they do worm their way into one's heart, and leave a very large hole for such a small creature when they leave.

 
At Monday, January 15, 2018 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Bob said...

My condolences on the loss of your pet.

 
At Monday, January 15, 2018 9:10:00 AM, Blogger JPG said...

I can only offer deepest sympathy for your family's loss. We've had to say goodbye to two good dogs in the past several years, and so can empathize. Hope it won't take too long for you to stop seeing imaginary movement at the edge of your vision.

 
At Monday, January 15, 2018 6:56:00 PM, Blogger KCSteve said...

Sorry to hear the news. He lived the life of the loved, and it's hard to think of something better than that.

 
At Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is never easy.

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2018 10:52:00 AM, Blogger DaveS said...

Crazy little critters those cats. Never thought I'd have one as I'm really a much more of a dog guy, but the little 6 lb bundle of fur and lightening fast reflexes is a member of the family. RIP, Oliver.

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:05:00 PM, Blogger JD said...

Sorry to hear. Funny how these small furry critters become part of the family. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.