Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Daughter's surgery. Part 1.

My elder daughter had nothing on her eardrum. Look in her ear? See bones. So today, she went into a little surgical center place and had some skin grafted to the eardrum. Yeah, we're living in the future or something. The doc did it without even peeling back the ear. I asked him if he also built ships in a bottle. (He doesn't.)

So my 16 year-old honors student daughter came out of the surgical center, still groggy from the anesthetics, pain meds, and anti-anxiety meds that they had pushed, and said excitedly: "They gave me stickers! And now I'm free as a pretty pony!"

And then we put her in the car and took her home.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My middle daughter was absolute riot when she had any kind of opiates at all. She said the strangest things.

D. Scruggs

 
At Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:23:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Yep, they CAN do 'miracles' now... Outpatient even!!! That is great news!

 
At Wednesday, December 03, 2014 5:10:00 PM, Blogger EMS Artifact said...

I'm glad they good fix that without peeling back her ear.

I had similar surgery and the DEFINITELY did peel back my ear. And a whole lot more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.