Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Daughter's surgery. Part 1.

My elder daughter had nothing on her eardrum. Look in her ear? See bones. So today, she went into a little surgical center place and had some skin grafted to the eardrum. Yeah, we're living in the future or something. The doc did it without even peeling back the ear. I asked him if he also built ships in a bottle. (He doesn't.)

So my 16 year-old honors student daughter came out of the surgical center, still groggy from the anesthetics, pain meds, and anti-anxiety meds that they had pushed, and said excitedly: "They gave me stickers! And now I'm free as a pretty pony!"

And then we put her in the car and took her home.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My middle daughter was absolute riot when she had any kind of opiates at all. She said the strangest things.

D. Scruggs

 
At Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:23:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Yep, they CAN do 'miracles' now... Outpatient even!!! That is great news!

 
At Wednesday, December 03, 2014 5:10:00 PM, Blogger EMS Artifact said...

I'm glad they good fix that without peeling back her ear.

I had similar surgery and the DEFINITELY did peel back my ear. And a whole lot more.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.