Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

More coffee. The high-end stuff.

After my last post, Old NFO sent me a pound in two packages of Kona coffee. I reiterate: NOT "Kona Blend", but 100% Kona.

I have been making it in the French Press, with filtered water. I have shared it with my family but little.

My wife tilted her head and squinted and asked "Why are people sending you coffee?" I smiled and told her that it was because I'm such a big deal, which made her roll her eyes. In truth, I don't know why I'm blessed to receive such blessings, and I know that I don't really deserve such friends and friendly gestures.

[Raised cup] Here is to you, Old NFO. Until the next time that we can share a pot of coffee on the range or at our friends' place.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:40:00 PM, Anonymous Evyl Robot Michael said...

Oooooo! Very nice. It's been a while since I got anything of that caliber.

 
At Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:42:00 PM, Blogger Comrade Misfit said...

Well? Is it as good as folks say?

 
At Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:39:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Comrade, it is, when properly made. I made a pot last night that was the platonic ideal of what coffee should be: Rich. Flavorful. Nutty. Not at all bitter.

To bring out a perfect cuppa, use a French press, make your water about 190 degrees (not boiling!), and wait it out before serving.

I regret to report that it's worth it.

 
At Friday, September 12, 2014 11:10:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

You're more that welcome sir!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.