Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Overheard at breakfast.

Wife: "Hey, does federal law say that I have to get a lunch break after only six hours at work? I've got a doctor's appointment, and would rather just work straight through before leaving early, than to go to lunch, come back for an hour, and go to the doctor."

Me: "You know what? I don't know, for sure. I've had it presented to me one way, but I've never laid eyes on the black letter labor law, myself."

Wife: "Well, how was it presented to you?"

Me, looking up the applicable web page: "Nope, I'm not going to be that guy who just quotes what he heard. Back in police academy, our coordinator would teach us Penal Code . . ."

Wife: "Heh."

Me: ". . . by making us read each law aloud in class."

Wife: "So she made sure that y'all had a good handle of all things penal?"

Me: "Oh, she felt we would know the long and the short of it if we dealt with it orally."

Wife: "There's something about having it come out of your mouth that just..."

Elder Daughter: "You two are gross."

_________________
I live for these moments.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:32:00 AM, Anonymous Jennifer said...

*Snicker*
One of the side benefits of parenting is grossing out/embarrassing your children

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:02:00 PM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

Damn. The kid got it, too...

(as usual, your Capcha sucks.)

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:09:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Snerk... GOOD one! :-)

 
At Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:22:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

John, I hate the Capcha, too, but when I tried to go without it, my Inbox was full of bot spam. I got hundreds of spam emails. Too much. Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.