Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Something to take the ear worm off.

Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile, Stuart Duncan play bluegrass. The quartet, plus singer Aoife O'Donovan, are extraordinary. I bought the album after watching this.

Meyer and Ma are unquestionably the best in the world at cello and bass, respectively, and like to branch out from their classical stuff on projects like this.

Thile plays the mandolin like a rock star. Literally. And he sings with O'Donovan in the classically bluegrass song "Here And Heaven" (which starts here), which is full of bright notes that are moving.

Lost in it all is Duncan, who switches effortlessly between banjo and fiddle.

I may have linked to it before. I don't care.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:44:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

They truly looked like they were having FUN! :-)

 
At Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:04:00 PM, Anonymous Ross said...

The NPR Tiny Desk Concerts are usually pretty cool and often feature artists that I wouldn't otherwise hear. It is even more interesting when they play outside of their usual genre. I don't follow pop music much but really enjoy both NPR Music's All Songs Considered podcast and Sound Opinions from WBEZ in Chicago. They download automatically to my phone along with all the other podcasts I listen to and I'm usually pleased by the musical interlude they surprise me with.

 
At Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:26:00 PM, Blogger charlotte g said...

OK. I love each player individually to the point of unhealthy adoration. This is wrong. WQho wrote this crap? All this beauty just waiting. And the sound? except a few strokes now and then, pure dreck. You like this stuff?

No wonder we don't talk muvh.

 
At Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:06:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

The first one has riffs from "Summertime" in it. The majority of the stuff is bluegrass, with classical musicians.

Yeah, I do like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.