Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Things that taste good.

Antelope Shoulder Roast.

Procure the shoulder of one adult pronghorn antelope.*
Briefly sear it in a very hot large pan of olive oil.
Coat lightly with flour.
Place in turkey roaster (mine wouldn't fit in the crock pot).
Pour in a cup of hot beef broth.
Put in some bay leaves.
Put in some garlic cloves.
Put in a bunch of carrots and potatoes and onions and some celery.
Salt.
Pepper.
Cayenne.
Cover, place in oven at 225. Roast for 10 hours.

Eat.

Enjoy with a glass (or two) of the greatness that is Left-Hand Milk Stout.

Edit: Also enjoy with some of Alton Brown's recipe for polenta.

__________________________________
*In my case, I loaned a pre-'64 Winchester Featherweight Model 70 .243 to Ambulance Driver, who shot a nice pronghorn doe and brought me the shoulder.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Saturday, October 13, 2012 8:37:00 PM, Anonymous Evyl Robot Michael said...

Oh. Emm. Gee. That sounds awesome!

 
At Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:30:00 PM, Blogger Christina LMT said...

Sounds delicious! I just have one question: what kind of flower do you recommend for the proper bouquet? Roses? Dandelions? Daffodils? :D

 
At Monday, October 15, 2012 11:53:00 AM, Blogger plblark said...

Amen on the Left Hand Milk Stout!

 
At Monday, October 15, 2012 11:53:00 AM, Blogger plblark said...

Amen on the Left Hand Milk Stout!

 
At Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:23:00 PM, Anonymous Chuck Dye said...

Why not bone out that shoulder and stuff it with port soaked dried fruits, wild rice, pine nuts, and the spices you like? (While recipes abound, I prefer to wing it.)

 
At Friday, October 26, 2012 9:08:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

As good as that would be, Chuck, the real answer is "because I'm too lazy to do that." I strongly considered boning the shoulder at first, but quickly decided not to when I discovered how time-intensive it would be. I got the worst of the silver fascia off, and then let the cooking debone the meat for me. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.