Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

What to do, what to do?

I've been getting hits on a blog that I posted about 14 months ago, on Sneaking Out. Well, it is summertime, isn't it?

Most of the hits are Google or Yahoo searches that amount to some variation of "What should I do after I sneak out?"

(I note that most of the hits that I get from search engines are plain-English queries. Strange. I always use keywords or phrases. A search on the timeline of the Battle Of Hastings, I would search for with "Knut, 'William The Conqueror', 1066, England, Normandy, battle, timeline", or a variation of those.)

My answer: go see your world. Learn that there's nothing special about the night. Learn that there's nothing special to be afraid of, either. It's just day without daylight. It's also when most people sleep. This may seem like an ideal time for mischief, but it also makes anyone out and about at that time a very suspicious person, meaning that you may well be caught in your mischief.

Then go home, and get some sleep.

Don't get anyone pregnant. Don't catch diseases. Don't be out and about while your wits are dulled by drugs or alcohol. Don't hang out with strangers, no matter how exciting they may be, without a trusted friend on scene.

Frankly, this is pretty good advice to adults, too.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:16:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Excellent points Matt, too bad those that 'should' pay attention are NOT the ones searching for answers on the net...

 
At Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:50:00 AM, Blogger KurtP said...

I'm continually telling the insomniac oldest girl that nothing good ever happens at two in the morning.
So stay home and watch TeeWee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.