Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Scale: the impact depends on the viewer.

You could see everything in this in 10 seconds.

I spent a good 10 minutes, myself.

I feel very small.

But it's a shame that it didn't show parsecs in the scale.

However, it did teach me about the yottameter. Yotta was not a prefix that I had heretofore known. Interesting. It looks very useful. Well, to someone.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, June 14, 2010 7:51:00 PM, Blogger Tam said...

That was the most fun I've had on the internets in some time. Sheer genius!

Tell me, did you run the slider back and forth a few times yelling "Wheee!", or is that just me?

 
At Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:10:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

For a minute I though you were talking about the Yactometers... :-) And yeah, we're pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

 
At Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:11:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

Hell, yes, I did.

But only after first saying "Whoa!"

 
At Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:05:00 AM, Blogger Cybrludite said...

"Yotta was not a prefix that I had heretofore known. Interesting. It looks very useful. Well, to someone."

I'm afraid it'll come in handy for describing the national debt pretty soon...

 
At Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:47:00 AM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

We're all small from the god-view.





I understand the ultimate utility, but it also reminds me that many of us have too much time. Then again, as long as responsibilities are met, who am I to judge?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.