Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Well if you HAVE to ask....


...the answer is "yes."

We note with glee in my household that Bratz dolls are going to be discontinued after Christmas, after a court ruling that the creator of the attitude-ridden little dolls designed them while working for Matel. So Bratz go. Right direction; wrong reason.
I'm all about free market forces, and it disturbs me that market forces haven't crushed dolls that depict bitchy little girls dressed like strumpets, with sneers on their faces. Worse, they've got their own animated telivision show, and their arrow was pointed up.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At Friday, December 12, 2008 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I do not have children, but there are little ones in my family. Some of them love Bratz and I hate it. I watched one show with them and hoped to god this is not how they are going to act. I told the fiance that our (future) girls can not, under any circumstances, have Bratz even if they vow to hate me forever. Kudos to you as well.

 
At Saturday, December 13, 2008 8:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Baby Bratz are the worst -- babies in lingerie, with make-up? Helloooo, pedo-bait.

We banned them in our house, and also celebrated with demonic glee when they were crap-canned.

 
At Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Bratz Babiez taking a wrong turn in a toy aisle. My reaction to the sight of a toy infant that was apparently preparing to call its pimp was such that a salesperson became concerned.

 
At Saturday, December 13, 2008 8:52:00 PM, Blogger Sabra said...

Heh. I probably should not admit to how many Bratz Babyz I have in my house...

 
At Saturday, December 13, 2008 11:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not alone, brother. My wife calls the phenomenom "prostitots." What's really sick is the parents that think dressing their six-year-old up like she's going clubbing is somehow "cute." It's vile and exploitative. Children should be allowed to be children. Even the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon fall prey to the allure of the 'tween marketing niche.

 
At Monday, December 15, 2008 9:39:00 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Yup. No Bratz dolls for my daughter. I think they went too far with those.

 
At Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:19:00 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

Bratz are banned in our house, too. We allow Barbies, but Bratz just took the whole skank thing too far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.