Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Okay, this is beyond the pale.

I don't know about art, but I know what I like.


Look, I'm a straight male, and I don't know from fashion-- men's or women's. But I know that I like to look at attractive women a lot, so I've kind of formed my own ideas about what looks good and what does not. And, honestly? I'm not that hard to please. As I say, I appreciate almost all manifestations of the opposite sex, and that's the basis for making me happy with simple outfits on women.


But some stuff my mind just rebels at. Some things are just ugly. You know it. I know it. Everybody who receives pixels on cones and rods gets it.


Uh, about those cones. . . I'm not a genius with the color palette, but some matches ain't gonna happen.


Like what, you ask? Oh, like this, which just now greeted me when I turned on my computer:


Again we find that there can be no question that the media such as MSN are rabidly in support of the president-elect's agenda, as they fawn over his family. Michelle Obama is objectively a good looking woman. But this outfit makes even people who know and care nothing about fashion (like me) cringe. "Fashion's New First Lady?" Dear lord. I suppose that bullet point "Not so fashionable: Election night outfit derided in polls" is speaking of this very picture. Perhaps. But that's not the headline. Yech.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

____________________________

(We now return to our regular schedule of gun talk and such.)

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At Saturday, November 08, 2008 5:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be fair, I don´t think they´re referring to what you´re defining as fashion, just pointing out that she´s wearing quite average stuff you don´t generally on some stuck up politician´s wife who´s only concern is her outfit for the day.

 
At Saturday, November 08, 2008 7:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Racist! *ducks*

 
At Saturday, November 08, 2008 10:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here we go with the fashion industry's version of "The President's New Clothes."

If you think that this sycophantic fawning is bad, just wait until the frenzy hits after Barry makes his forst executive decision and picks their new dog. The puppy mills will be working overtime to meet the demand.

wv=ferver

Now that's funny!

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 3:07:00 AM, Blogger KD5NRH said...

Geez, looks almost as tacky as the standard-issue cop mustache.

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 8:18:00 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I wonder how they would have reported Sarah Palin wearing those same clothes? The mind boggles at the possible approbations.

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 8:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one of the distaff side, that outfit is not flattering, nor attractive. Comfortable, probably.
But I've been out of the fashion loop for 20 years, so what am I to know. (Not tall, not slender, not blond and not worried about it.)
LittleRed1

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 1:55:00 PM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

THAT...is HORRIBLE. And I actually do have a finely honed fashion sense. She has super-hero colors, and a fad cut, pointless top. I see better stuff on the consignment rack.

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 2:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Those blue pants aren't bad; camel-toe is fashionable in some places.

Now, the dress she wore election night was hideous, and made her look like a spider.

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 6:05:00 PM, Blogger Sabra said...

You are right. That is quite unattractive on her. Bright yellow jacket that hits at the widest part of her hips = very unflattering.

Her election night dress was just as bad, and had the exact same mistake: it drew attention to her hips and made her look about twice as wide as she really is.

However, whatever she wears seems to be very popular. I was reading an article a couple of days ago that mentioned that the J Crew outfit she wore on some talk show or other (Letterman, I think, but don't quote me on it) sold out almost immediately after she mentioned where she'd gotten it.

I do think she's a lovely woman (until she opens her mouth and starts spewing vitriol, that is), but she's no Jackie Kennedy.

Still, because of who she is--and moreover, who her husband is--people are gonna gobble it up.

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 6:07:00 PM, Blogger OK Katrina said...

I suspect the whole thing is a jab at the fact that the RNC bought new designer-type clothing for the use of Sarah Palin and her family.

The dress Mrs. Obama wore election night was blood red and black. It really was odd looking. I thought it was strange choice myself. But, it did distracted me for a moment from the pain I was feeling at the election of her husband.

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

"Geez, looks almost as tacky as the standard-issue cop mustache."

KD5NRH, I'll have you know that I shaved that off over a year ago, and even then only wore it for a few months. . . just to, you know, try it out. For the effect.

Oh shut up.

 
At Monday, November 10, 2008 3:30:00 AM, Blogger KD5NRH said...

Oh...you had one of those? I thought you'd just run out of napkins when that picture was taken :P

 
At Monday, November 10, 2008 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Crucis said...

For the so-called color-blind, it's Primary Colors Only!

PCO is the new fashion rage.

 
At Monday, November 10, 2008 4:22:00 PM, Blogger SpeakerTweaker said...

You know, I was going to say something about the horrendous outfit there (speaking as a fellow fashion-unconscious observer).

Then I read CrankyProf's comment, and I lost track of what I was thinking. THAT was funny.



tweaker

 
At Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:41:00 AM, Blogger charlotte g said...

Huh. I know I have little fashion sense, but she just looks comfortable to me. No, I didn't like the dress on election night, but I was too happy to notice much. And I still don't understand why women still have to dress for success, so to speak, and men don't. No, she's no Jackie Kennedy. Sheesh. I bet she knows when the inauguration is, though. Jackie didn't, as intelligent as she was in the arts. When asked what she would wear, (natch), she asked, "When is it?"

 
At Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:36:00 PM, Blogger the pawnbroker said...

dress 'em up, send 'em to school...

well, you know the rest.

word ver: mirore...too bad obamamama doesn't seem to own one.

jtc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.