Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

There are those who say that I procrastinate...

...and that's just not fair.

Hey, I managed to get my four-year degree in just 14 years.

I managed to wed my wife within 7 years of meeting her.

I get my semester research papers in grad school done before the semester's over, mostly.

Those dishes in that sink? They're about to be washed, in just a minute or two.

So it hurts --hurts!-- when I read the following snark (at 06:47, this date) from my good online buddy of many years, Don Gwinn:

"My guess goes like this:

"AD and Babs are emailing back and forth, snarking
about Matt not getting his part of the project done. Each realizes that here is
a worthy partner/opponent in snark. They switch to instant messaging, then to
the phone, all the while mercilessly flaying Matt, who is still not finished
with his part.


"After a few weeks, they decide that it's time to
meet face-to-face and find out if the snark can be as perfect as it seems. They
meet at a favorite restaurant, but there's an unexpected wait for a table. They
chat about small things, the weather, politics, and conversation trails off. The
moments pass, and both are beginning to wonder whether they made a mistake. It's
an uncomfortable silence, and the wait for the table seems interminable. Staring
at the hostess is not speeding things up, but they're both trying. "Who runs
this place, Matt?"AD meant to say it, but he heard it. Babs is wondering whether
she said it out loud at all--it didn't sound like her voice. . . . and that's
when they turned to face each other, their eyes met, and they realized that they
had achieved perfectly synchronized snark.


"It was love.

"(Postscript: Nine months later . . . you guessed
it . . . . Matt sent the lovebirds his third of the project.)"



That ain't right.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:28:00 PM, Blogger FarmGirl said...

But it *is* funny, Matt!

 
At Thursday, August 23, 2007 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Don said...

I'm glad the mockery came through. I was afraid it came out looking like they were asking *you* who owned the restaurant.

"Who owns this restaurant, Matt?"

 
At Thursday, August 23, 2007 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Ambulance Driver said...

Well, you know that other idea for a Perspectives post I suggested? You know, the one where you didn't have that exact experience, even though you'd had enough similar ones to write knowledgably on the subject?

Yeah, that one.

By the time you get it written, Babs and I will be engaged and making wedding plans.

Just sayin. ;)

 
At Thursday, August 23, 2007 6:34:00 PM, Blogger FarmGirl said...

SEEEEEE Matt! I'm not the only one looking to the future! *points to AD*

Although I doubt they'll include the whole thousands of screaming fans thing.....

 
At Thursday, August 23, 2007 6:59:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Dammit, I really wish you would put beverage alerts up... Do you know how hard it is to get coffee off the monitor?

It is a keeper though...LOL

 
At Thursday, August 23, 2007 7:02:00 PM, Blogger muse said...

My youngest son did an independent study in middle school for his gifted and talented class-his topic of study: procrastination.

It was absolutely hilarious! He got an A on his project when he finally turned it in!

You're not a procrastinator...you're gifted.
That s..t ain't right, but what are friends for?

 
At Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:27:00 PM, Blogger knitalot3 said...

Me thinks Don Gwinn is being funny..... or a poop.

You know better than me.

Perfection, takes time.

We love ya!

 
At Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:29:00 PM, Blogger knitalot3 said...

OMG! AD! Wedding? Web cam? When?!?

You brought it up....

 
At Friday, August 24, 2007 4:49:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

Don's being funny.

He's a funny, funny guy.

Don, in my own style, I think that my way of writing it would have been: "Who owns this restaurant-- Matt??"

But I heard your voice. If it's a shot at me, I can *always* hear it. [sniff]

 
At Friday, August 24, 2007 9:20:00 PM, Blogger William the Coroner said...

Lessee, a blog wedding,
We don't have a blog minister in this group, but we got the groomsmen (LEO's) and the bridesmaids (Nurses). The Docs can make an arch of scalpels and speculums. Not as classy as an arch of swords, but it'll do.

 
At Saturday, August 25, 2007 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Well this blogger's father is a minister :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.