Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Made my day.

My partner told me last night that in working with me, he has learned:
--that there is another viewpoint to each situation, and
--to search for it.
He said that it's made his life more complicated, but he sees things better.

This may be the nicest compliment that I've ever received, professionally.*


______________________
*"We really trust you" and "You're ethical" aren't to be taken as compliments; those are expected character traits, even if I feel pride when I hear them.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:17:00 PM, Blogger suz said...

That's a GREAT compliment! It seems he's smart enough to know that's a good thing; his life probably isn't much more complicated, he's just more aware of it's depth. Cool!

 
At Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:29:00 PM, Anonymous Jennifer said...

Glad to have you out there Matt.

 
At Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Good on ya Matt! :-) Teachable moments DO return benifits, even if it takes a while...

 
At Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:00:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Me too.

And welcome to the TMR blog role.

 
At Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Welcome to the TMR blog roll, Matt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.