Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Lost an icon.

We lost the best pinup girl who was ever pinned up, yesterday.

Bettie Page's appeal, to me at least, was not in her portrayal as a dominatrix or such. It was the fact that she genuinely appeared to be having fun. Nothing is sexier, to my simple mind, than a lady having fun. Whether or not people judge her for the rather pedestrian act of taking her clothes off before a camera, it's indisputable that the most stable point in her life was when she was employed to do just that.

Some might have a chicken/egg quandry as to whether that period drove her later unsettled life or if her troubles drove her to posing. I wouldn't bother. In a time when models were already attempting to melt cameras with sultry glares, Bettie was smiling. You get the feeling that you would have liked this person.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, December 12, 2008 11:04:00 AM, Blogger George said...

First read about her in Roberta X's blog this morning. Having fun with whatever counts.

Thanks for the tribute to her.

Regards.

 
At Friday, December 12, 2008 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Rabbit said...

Well-said. I agree. I bet she was a pistol.

Regards,
Rabbit.

 
At Friday, December 12, 2008 1:57:00 PM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

Bye, bye, Betty.

I think I agree, Matt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.