Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Tuesday to stay

--I'm shocked at how many of my friends are tweeting and commenting about the Crimson Tide and the SEC and the big national championship game last night. I had no idea y'all were so into baseball.

--We're going to get rain. We need it.

--A reference source for all of us. You're welcome.

--I called my dad last night to seek advice on a case. I'm not ashamed to do that.

--My daughter customized her rifle yesterday:
It's a funny bit.
--That kid's ready for a new rifle.

--In honor of my old partner's new job with another, much larger agency, his in-laws put on a wolf-pack trap/skeet shoot. Each of us put in $5 a round, and the winner took half of every pot. The pot grew, and finally over $200 was donated to a fund for widows of fallen peace officers.

--I made it to the final two twice.

--My elder daughter shot the old family 20 gauge that I had shot all through my teen years. I glad that Dad didn't sell it. She did very well, actually.

--I sliced the hell out of my thumb, trying to use the back of the blade of my Spyderco to open a box of CCI CB Longs. No, the lock on the knife didn't fail; the operator's internal safety did. I had to ask a vet present to superglue my thumb shut.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 08, 2013 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

I admire anybody that can compete with a shotty... I sure as hell can't! And good for your daughter! :-)

 
At Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:26:00 AM, Blogger Mikael said...

That rifle looks ridiculously too small for her. Get her a full sized one! Or at the very least, a stock replacement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.