Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quick this and that.

--AD's and my friend Jeff just got his first carry permit in Indiana. I asked if he kicked in the extra for the lifetime permit, and he said, "You're damned right I did." I think it's like $100 and you're done.

--Classical Gas made #2 on the charts in the late '60s. The charts were more inclusive, then. It was huge. Imagine an "easy listening" song doing that now. Oh, and check out the awesome owl in this video featuring that song:

--I would freely without a second thought give my left testicle to be able to play the guitar.

--I'm considering attending a burlesque show with my wife this weekend.

--I got a friend to try carrying a steel J frame against carrying an Airweight J frame. He's a good-sized fellow, and admitted that he's surprised at how huge the comfort factor is. Weight and width are my biggest carry comfort issues, assuming a real holster and belt.

--The news is full of gun-control talk.

--Because of his dumbass way of expressing his shirtless "look at me" tattoo'd self, I would not piss on James Yeager if he were afire. And I'm a fireman. Thanks for nothing, buddy.

--Speaking of people who do us little good: Sandy Hook truthers will (not maybe) be featured in Michael Moore's next movie. Bet on it.

--I think I'm buying a 4th-hand riding lawnmower on Sunday. The current owner says that it starts first time, every time, but it gives "too rough of a cut." Sounds like the blades need leveling and sharpening. Guess who's got an angle grinder and a bench grinder? He wants $150. That's not much of a risk. And stuff gets tough in summer.

--My shade tree mechanic couldn't find the trailing bearings for my Honda online, so I bought them retail from the shop that wanted $500 to put them in. At $140, I know I'm paying double, but we could NOT find just the bearings. And my shade tree mechanic will do it cheeeeap.

--Soon as that Honda's up and running, we're selling the Saturn.

--A paramedic and I last night were discussing a 15 minute lecture that we think would be useful to give to cops and paramedics called: "Abating Crisis: Give Them Options!"  We have too often noticed that first responders, stuck in protocol, are quick to tell clients that they "have no choice" but to do what they're being told to do.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:10:00 PM, Blogger David Neylon said...

What year and model on the Saturn?

 
At Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:56:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Sounds like and interesting week... And yeah, Honda rips you off!!!

 
At Friday, January 18, 2013 12:38:00 AM, Blogger Matt G said...

2002 SL1 manual, good a/c, good rubber, 160k miles. Salvage title, but looks okay cosmetically. Had been hit in the rear.

 
At Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can learn to play guitar, unless you are tone deaf, which i think you are probably not. You are going to face some difficulties because of your big ol' banana fingers, but nothing that cannot be overcome by proper instrument selection. If you want to talk about it, get my cell number from Tamara.

Gunsmith Bob

 
At Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:42:00 PM, Blogger ASM826 said...

The fact that those truthers are paranoid oesn't change the possibility that they are right.

 
At Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:45:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

You forget, ASM826-- I work for the government. I know how poorly secrets are kept. I also have an idea of how many people would need to be in on the subterfuge.
I've also been present at some tense incidents, and will tell you that the first reports are never 100% correct.

Such if fodder for conspiracy theorists.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.