Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Observed.

I was out of town and away from a computer until late last night, but Veteran's Day still happened.

People still wore uniforms in my nation's service, and others still dealt with life with disabilities that they got wearing those uniforms, and others carried the less-visible marks of their service to my country.

11/11 came on a Sunday this year, so we close the banks on a Monday, and what that means to a veteran, I don't know. But what it means to me is that it might make a citizen who might not otherwise think about such things remember that there is a whole class of people who signed up to do such things, and that our people have set up a national holiday to remind them of that fact.

I almost forgot. But I remembered. Please join me in thanking a veteran or three or four this week, for their service.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, November 12, 2012 2:07:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Thanks Matt.

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:16:00 PM, Blogger charlotte g said...

I welcome every returning vet and will lend my effort to any organizations coordinating vets'return to the civilian work force. Let's not leave our vets and their families on food stamps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.