Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Monday, November 05, 2012

Monday Morning Coming Down.

--I got home last night to find that my younger daughter had picked enough pecans off the trampoline (fallen from the neighbor's pecan tree) to shell over a cup and a half of pure pecan halves for me. Then she toasted them for me and had them waiting in a bag. That girl. She will go FAR.

--My Public Administration class is not going well. It's like they expect you to do all the readings, or something.

--I'm waiting to see the enhanced footage of Felix Baumgartner going supersonic. I'm still skeptical. There should be something interesting to see/hear, there. Consider this footage of aircraft going supersonic (the Atlas rocket launch at the end is the most impressive.).

--We got a couple of big tubs of mascarpone cheese from the grocery salvage store a month ago, and made some stuff with it. This stuff is incredible. I'll never use ricotta for lasagna again, if I can get this stuff. Spreads like soft cream cheese, but has more texture. Very rich flavored. It goes great with fruit, too. The reason I feel like I'm being held out on is because you people are holding out on me.

--I am rocking the copstache in ways I never have before. I grew it out somewhat at Blogorado, and just never really shaved my upper lip. I've trimmed it twice already. I'm strongly considering shaving my head, too. Just because. My wife isn't really happy about this, but she doesn't permit me to give any input on her hair styles. And this isn't permanent. I don't think that the moustache will cause me to go insane. This will, though.

--My daughter wants to get into skeet. I can train her on safe shotgun loading and use, but I'm a terrible wingshot, so I'm going to pay professional trainers to teach her, with a family 20 gauge Remington 1100.

--Given that I've yet to hear any justification for the DPS helicopter shooting of two unarmed Guatemalan aliens in the bed of a fleeing pickup down on the border, it doesn't look real good for the shooter. While I'm proud of our Texas Rangers as an investigative unit, I don't actually think that it's entirely appropriate for them to investigate this one. Time to invite some outside help, guys. If the shoot was good (which would involve new evidence that I've not yet heard, but is certainly possible), then you want it untainted by suspicion. If the shoot was bad, then it doesn't matter; just take out the problem and deal with it accordingly.

--I don't know what your weather looks like, but I doubt it's as good as mine:


-- Heard from prisoner whom I had just arrested, talking on the cell phone to his girlfriend: "Yeah, be sure and get my truck and trailer out from impound right away, or the wrecker company will charge extra days. And hon? Put on some makeup and dress real pretty, and try to get 'em to drop the price some on getting our stuff out. Have mom drive you there, and tell her to put her leg on."

--The lemons on my Meyers lemon tree are finally ripening:

--It's getting hard lately to find the great Buffalo Bore Heavy .38 loads. Anyone got a line on them? Especially non-+P?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, November 05, 2012 2:36:00 PM, Blogger eriko said...

He was going faster than the speed of sound when at sealevel but he was at high altitude. So the effect should be earlier in the flight/fall.
For details on the speed of sound vs altitude.
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/atmosphere/q0112.shtml

 
At Monday, November 05, 2012 2:48:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

I get that, but wonder what kind of documentation we'll get of the event actually occurring.

 
At Monday, November 05, 2012 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

They have 'radar' speeds on him, and the air was so thin, no shockwave formed. That was part of the reason for the high altitude launch.

 
At Tuesday, November 06, 2012 8:57:00 AM, Anonymous Shrimp said...

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com

I know he's probably not anywhere close to you, since he's halfway between Houston and Austin, but he often has what I'm looking for. Right now, he doesn't have any .38spl BB except for +P, but you can always give him a call to see what he's expecting to get.

Cheaper than Dirt has some, it appears.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemListing.aspx?mfgid=4714&catid=644

And Buffalo Bore has it too, but nearly $12 more per box of 20 rounds.

Good luck.

 
At Monday, November 26, 2012 9:06:00 AM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

Cop 'stache!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.