Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Ridiculous off-duty.

Pretty much, every day this next two weeks that I'm not at my day job, I'll be working off-duty. I've signed up for 80 hours' worth.

The good news is, this is one of the sweetest off-duty gigs that I've ever had thrown my way. I wish it could go on for many more weeks. If I get every single shift that I've signed up for, I will be set for this semester and next semester for my grad school (this should finally end this lengthy ride), and pay for my wife's school this semester and next, along with paying off a lingering credit card debt that we haven't been able to retire since our vacation last year.

I didn't set the rate. I would have been embarrassed to ask for that much, given how easy the work is.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:51:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Given that overtime is virtually non-existent at work, lately, along with no raise in 4 years, I actually made less last year than I had in the previous three years. Add to this the fact that inflation has been at the highest rate of my entire working lifetime, during that time, and I've been hurting. I completely understand that there are those who don't have jobs, and I am glad to have mine. All the more reason to make hay while the sun is shining.

 
At Wednesday, March 02, 2011 9:01:00 AM, Anonymous Shrimp said...

Good luck, and I hope you get all the time you want. There aren't too many things that feel better than the relief from paying off a debt.

 
At Wednesday, March 02, 2011 6:32:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Good luck, and hope it works out. Remember you DO have to sleep every once in a while...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.