Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, September 12, 2008

The Great Forgetting

The great forgetting has begun, and although I suppose I should be reassured with such glaring evidence that life does indeed go on, I've felt very alone all day in my remembering.
Breda puts more eloquently the same thought that I had last night. I spoke to roughly 40 people yesterday, and not one of them said a word aloud about the day. I did notice the boys at the elementary school putting the flag to half-staff, but didn't discuss it with them; I wonder if the parents watching it all thought about it. I was shaken, that day 7 years ago, and being shaken to that magnitude doesn't leave a person. I may occasionally pay no attention to the ache of that day, but it's never left me.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 12, 2008 11:35:00 AM, Blogger OK Katrina said...

I didn't forget, I haven't forgotten and I will NEVER forget.

I must admit, I'd thought of it several days ago and then was reminded again yesterday as I drove by the fire station to my first appointment of the day. It stayed with me for the rest of the day. You were not alone.

It is imperative that we never forget. We have a duty to honor those who died in an act of war. And, we must remember daily that there are people who want to destroy America, her way of life, her people and her freedoms. THAT, I will never understand.

 
At Friday, September 12, 2008 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Sabra said...

I did not forget.

I was, however, unable to come up with something compelling enough to say about it on my own blog. I made do with reading yours & Murphy's & LawDog's. Y'all said it better than I could have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.