Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Because a me-me is easy, I'm short of content, and I like to eat (a LOT).

Lifted from Dad's, Roberta's and the Atomic Nerds' sites.

For a guy who considers himself a Foodie, I can't believe how much of this I've never touched. Many times I've seen it, but was involved with something else at the time.

Some correction is in order.


1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at http://www.verygoodtaste.co.uk/ linking to your results.The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:

1. Venison (preferably killed and butchered myself-- I don't trust many other people's meat-handling practices.)
2. Nettle teas (at a Boy Scout jamboree many, many years ago. Eh.)
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile (No, but I have eaten aligator.)
6. Black pudding (Sounds interesting)
7. Cheese fondue (Surprisingly, no.)
8. Carp
9. Borscht (My wife loves it. Eh.)
10. Baba ghanoush (I make it at home. Yum.)
11. Calamari
12. Pho (Looks good)
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi (Oh, yeah!)
15. Hot dog from a street cart (Outside of Home Depot counts, right?)
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle (Only as an ingredient)
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras (Surprisingly, no.)
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters
29. Baklava
30. Bagna cauda (Want!) (How is it that I've never...? Need to go find this.)
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi (interesting)
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar (never together)
37. Clotted cream tea (Very tempted to strike this out)
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O (Who the hell hasn't had a jello shot, who went to college?)
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects (Well, not intentionally.)
43. Phaal (sounds awesome)
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more (Thanks, Bill! Shared a drink with Dad after Heller. MacAllen 18 year)
46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala (Hell, yes.)
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut (Even blogged about it.)
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear (We call 'em nopales, but the fruit is called "tuna." This is oft considered to be why Southwesterners say "tuna fish" to refer to the fishy meat.)`
52. Umeboshi (once. Pickled, dried, and salted. Never again.)
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini (It was after a wedding, and I was wearing a tux. Never again. Blech.)
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads (I'll do it once, maybe.)
63. Kaolin (Only in Kaopectate, and as a yeast nutrient in homemade beer. Heck, I'm counting it.)
64. Currywurst (Sounds superb.)
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe (I'm a little scared.)
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare (Never jugged, though. I may have to try that.)
87. Goulash
88. Flowers
89. Horse (uh, not knowingly)
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa (WANT)
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake (I've been offered it, before, but can't recall ever having eaten it. I've no objection to it, though.)

Labels: , , ,

Add to Technorati Favorites
.