Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Don't you think that's kind of ironic?"

...asked my nine year-old as she watched my wife, who is taking a cake-decorating class, measure powdered sugar and shortening on a Weight Watcher's scale.

"Shut up, kid," grinned my wife.

It's nice when you see that your offspring actually gets irony.

So many don't.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, April 13, 2008 2:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,

Is she taking the Wilton Cake Decorating 1 class? If so, did her instructor give her a recipe for a double batch of medium consistency icing?

I got the recipe at my first class, but because it was in the tool-box looking case with all of my cake decorating supplies that has apparently been swiped from my house, I no longer have it.

I would love you both forever if she has it & could get it to me (leiandra at yahoo dot com).

 
At Sunday, April 13, 2008 3:30:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Uh...
I dunno. I'll ask her.
Stand by for email.

 
At Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:25:00 PM, Blogger Rogue Medic said...

In the controversy section they gave a few examples of "not acceptable" use of the word irony. They didn't give any acceptable uses in the same section. I wonder if that was intended as irony?

 
At Sunday, April 13, 2008 9:16:00 PM, Blogger Tam said...

Think how disappointed Mr. & Mrs. Morisette must be...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.