Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Book meme

From Tamara, who got it here:

1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123.
3. Find the first five sentences.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

Here's my three sentences from Cormac McCarthy's The Road:
The water was so clear. He held it to the light. A single bit of sediment coiling in the jar on some slow hydraulic axis.

So I pick Breda, and LawDog, and John Shirley, and, uh, ClaireBell.

------
And, yeah, I know I owe some other memes that I've been tagged on. Pic is taken for yours, Breda.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, April 25, 2008 10:33:00 AM, Blogger The Lily said...

Whee! I will spare you the work books I have and will go for my portable stash. The only question is will it be Middle Eastern History? Sir Thomas More? Or Sun Tzu??

 
At Friday, April 25, 2008 7:28:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

"1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!"

Nearest book.

That means that you might have to stupid books. You don't get to choose. It's by proximity at the time you read this!

 
At Saturday, April 26, 2008 5:19:00 PM, Blogger Rabbit said...

I read "The Road" awhile back.

I'm still trying to figure out how it's going to come across as a movie, as I heard it's in pre-production.

My book? Hrmph.

"The military power must be destroyed, that is, reduced to such a state as not to be able to prosecute the War. This is the sense in which we wish to be understood hereafter, whenever we use the expression 'destruction of the enemy's military power'. The countrymust be conquered, for out of the country a new military force may be formed.

Carl von Clausewitz, On War

Regards,
Rabbit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.