Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Breakfast with my 5 year-old today.

It went well. They did have biscuits and sausage, and some of the blandest scrambled eggs that I've ever put in my mouth. Again with the battle to get my kid to drink unadulterated white milk.

I walked her to class, as things were getting pretty late. I had no fears when I leaned down for a hug and a kiss-- at that age, hugging and kissing Daddy before leaving is What Is Done. Might actually get a cry of alarm if I didn't.

My wife tells me that I've got about 3 years before all Hell breaks loose with the older girl. But for right now, I've got two daughters who think that it's a treat to get to go with Daddy, anywhere.

I'm pretty damned lucky.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:08:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

You may be an exception. I never saw the day I'd be ashamed of my dad. You've got smart girls and you're a good papa, so you probably have less to worry about on that score than certain other dads might.

 
At Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:02:00 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I've got 3 girls my 14 year old, doens't want to give me a hug or a kiss unless she looks around first to make sure noone can see then she'll give me a hug, I can't even get a kiss on the cheek though. the 13 year old, Hug and kiss on the cheek all the time, the 9 year old, she runs and jumps so here I am bad back trying to catch her, and she gives me a big hug and a kiss.

 
At Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:50:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Daddy can't be hurt. And to hurt Daddy is a feat unthinkable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.