Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Exactly.

Tamara discusses Apple computer products, explaining her respect for the products while maintaining a healthy disdain for some of the sillier aspects of them. She refuses to drink the KoolAid, though:

"The worst thing, though, is the fans. The iBorgs. I mean, does the bunker
mentality come free in the box, or do they ship it to you after you've sent in
the registration card? It's the same reason I have a cordial dislike for Glocks;
the product may be adequate, but if you use it, people might think you're one of
them, and I'm just not ready to join The Collective, thankyouverymuch.
"


Get. Out. Of my head.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, July 09, 2007 9:19:00 AM, Blogger none said...

I agree. The appearance of joining the collective is almost as bad.

 
At Monday, July 09, 2007 10:17:00 AM, Blogger GeorgeH said...

That's the reason I don't have a Glock.

 
At Monday, July 09, 2007 10:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've worked my whole life to want my own wants, not shunning but simply ignoring popular trends.

Seems to me that knife should cut in both directions.

Signed,

A happy Glock owner who doesn't buy the hype but did buy the gun.

 
At Monday, July 09, 2007 6:20:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I like the Glock, do I own one? No, I'll stick with my 1911A1 and my Model 10 Copy.

 
At Tuesday, July 10, 2007 8:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had been carrying a handgun every day for some years when Glocks first came to our shores. For several years, I was very disdainful of the design and the hype. I couldn't believe the near-instant acceptance by both agencies and individual cops. I shook my head and tsk-tsked with my like minded associates. I made a point of borrowing one from an early purchaser and tried it out. Well, not TOO bad, but nothing about which to get all THAT excited.
Once I became a CHL instructor, I obtained a Glock merely for teaching purposes. I've since managed a sort of grudging acceptance.

When I retired, I considered a teaching position with an outfit which issued sidearms and carbines to staff. Given that 9mm was required and a Browning was out of the question, I found myself wishing I could pack my Glock 19 rather than the standard Beretta.
Things --and attitudes-- do change, even for old reactionaries. ;-)

Best
JPG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.