Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Clarification

If it looked like I was in this post portraying my worthy wife in a fashion that would imply that she was weak, or in any way incapable of taking excellent care of our daughters and protecting them, then I must here shamefully express my sincerist regrets for my inability to clearly convey my true esteem for her.

My wife is a strong, intelligent woman. I am fiercely proud of her, and hope that all who know me know this.

One day, while bragging on her to my best friend Scott, he laughed and interrupted me: "I think we can safely say that if you looked up the term 'self-reliant,' there'd be a picture of your wife in there."

I couldn't have put it better.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, July 01, 2007 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I didn't get the impression that you were giving your wife undue grief. Just so you know. It all sounded pretty matter-of-fact to me...she'd rather you not carry in places like that. Okay. *Shrugs*. :-)

 
At Monday, July 02, 2007 11:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't take it that way either. After all, she picked you, didn't she?

 
At Monday, July 02, 2007 2:03:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

I know, right?

Heh. Trust me, she complains that a LOT of misrepresentation went on before the marriage.

Back then, I wore a beard. (she really liked that.)

Back then, I wasn't a cop. (she's really ambivelent about this gig)

Back then, I was a little more, uh, mellow. (No, I didn't smoke the ganja or anything, but then again, I didn't arrest people for it, either.)

Back then, I had hair. Not just wore it longer, but my forehead wasn't so big.

Back then, I was skinnier.

Back then, I was younger.

Back then, I was better looking.

I think I see her point...

 
At Monday, July 02, 2007 6:52:00 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

my impression was similar to squeaky wheel's. It would be a better world if one didn't feel the need to carry in a place like Six Flags, but lately, no gathering place is a cake walk, any more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.